September 10, 2020

A NEW PHOTOSHOP



I’ve been having fun relearning how to use Photoshop.  Poor George.  “Where do I find….?” Is the often asked question these days.  He’s been very patient with me.  If I could only retain what he tells me, all would be fine.

 I chose two pictures to play with.  This first one is of my grandma Mary Belle Harrington Barnum.  It was taken in San Diego on her first visit.  It’s a good studio photograph, but I wondered what the image would look like if cropped tighter.  I did that, removed all the little dust specks that I could see and increased the contrast.


The second photograph was taken just to play with.  For some reason, I am often drawn to the shapes of the Point Loma lighthouse in its landscape.         


I did much as I did with grandma Mary.  This time I straightened it first then cropped it.  I used the clone tool to remove many of the branches from the tree to the left.  I also increased the contrast.  I’ll probably go back and take out more branches before I am done.


…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:  Putting together a fishing tackle rig he can pull out onto the pier.  Playing games.
  • Myself:  Birthday tomorrow.
  • Reading:  Still Dick Francis.  I have many of them in old, yellowing paperbacks.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I survived my first doctor’s phone appointment with lowered BP.

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this. I am going to learn so much! Your old photo is a good challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a lot of fun with this too. I noticed next to grandma Mary's chest is a big dust blob. LOL

      Delete
  2. I like your photoshop edit work. The first photo looks great when you cropped it. Photoshop is nice to play around with, I used to have it but now I use the free program Paint.net. It's similar but photoshop has many more options.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your rendition of Mary Belle. Brighter and tighter did the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep using it every day. Practice, practice practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mage! It’s good to be back for a while. I’m about done with my photobook project and it’s now in the hands of the family editors.
    You have done an awesome job with Photoshop. I LOVE Photoshop. I’ve used it a lot with my genealogy book. Lots of cloning and sharpening. That photo of your grandmother is priceless. I love the antique clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo of your grandmother? There is a family resemblance! What was she like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She died in the late 20's, so I never knew her. i wish I had.

      Delete
  7. Really nice job on the Photoshop of your Grandmother. I see the resemblance also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can vouch tat it is a good hobby.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life