November 8, 2020

CHANGES

 


I read and worked a bit on essay number 3.  My goal is to high light the difference between the far more formal prewar forms, and the relaxed post war styles.  My problem was, and probably still is, that my interest kept getting distracted to another post or site.  I got little writing done but lots of reading accomplished.  If I had a better brain, I might remember some of the stuff I read.

I read even more after George came home from the museum.  I am not rich enough to help my favorite independent bookstore very much.  George was kind enough to say I could buy three volumes at “Mysterious Galaxy,” a truly wonderful place, and he picked them up on his way home after work. 

Next Tuesday we may be shut down again.  California has color levels of disease during this pandemic.  We are in the red now, but it looks like we will be moving into the far more restrictive purple level.  Our library is open only for pickup.  No browsing the stacks.  As soon as I am done with my new books, I will go back to reading my own books.  We are plugged in to delivered dinners and food delivery from Ralphs or Vons, so we are covered there.  We have Netflix.  We have our computers and the internet.

We always have the British Baking Show where we are still in episode 3.

 …………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:  Baking bread, meeting, games.
  • Myself:  Seeing if I can get more than one paragraph done on my little essay.
  • Reading:  Penny.
  • Watching:  The baking show; Trump refusing to admit that he lost.
  • Photo:  1950’s dishes.
  • Gratitude’s:  I’m alive despite waves of cancer fears.

13 comments:

  1. We live in fear of community spread of Covid here. This is far from over. Take care Mage and G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same here. I rarely go out now and never without a mask. Hugs at you.

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful Mage. I need a better brain, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. baby boomers are going to get abused and treated like garbage in the retirement homes. Literally every demographic of people hates baby boomers, white people, black people, asian people, spanish/latino people, etc. Maybe you boomers shouldn't have been so selfish and ruined your children's future with your short-sighted greed because now your children will be unable to protect you even if they wanted to. Enjoy those retirement homes, and good luck, boomers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am still staying close here, too, in northeast L. .A. county. Hope your essay continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our state is also blossoming with new cases. Been staying home as much as possible barring grocery pick ups and doctor appointments. Don't see much different happening for a while. Lets enjoy and use what is available. Too bad you don't have Kindle. I get all the library e-books I want and they are delivered through the air to me. Wonderful service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the bright side, at least the essays aren't a school assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we definitely still face republican obstructionism but on Jan 20, Trump will be gone. for that we can be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are setting records too.
    Maybe I should start watching these baking shows. They seem to be so popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are simple, but they offer a reality that's hard to come by.

      Delete
  9. My sister-in-law lives in Orange County and she's told us the numbers are not great by you guys. It's actually improved for us the last couple of days but who knows what will happen next week?

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life