December 1, 2020

WORLD AIDS DAY 2020


  Shirley standing below the block she made for her son, Michael.

Reminded by something I saw this morning on line, I thought we might go to the AIDS Tree lighting Ceremony in Hillcrest tonight.  Only when I got to the site did I wake to the fact that the Ceremony for 2020 is to be virtual.  Wake is the word.  I took another gulp of coffee and saw that 2019’s Tree Lighting was face to face.

“Mama’s Kitchen,” runs this affair and has for 30 years.  They hope you will put a name in a hang-on-the-tree heart or buy one of their wonderful pies.  They no longer just feed the AIDS community, but those who are sick with cancer can get meals from Mama’s too.  

We will buy a heart later today to remember my friend Dale, and we will go to the virtual ceremony also.  I’m awake now, and I won’t forget. 




…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself: Off to the pool first thing.  Baking the rest of the day.

Myself:  Writing this first, then picking up my messes.

Reading:  Architectural History.

Watching:  Baking

Photos:  from the 2002 Tree Lighting.

Gratitude’s: That the laundry is all done.

 

7 comments:

  1. It really is so much safer to go virtual these days, especially in California. You just reminded me that we need to go and find and Angel Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virtual everything these days and for another year maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we need to assume everything is virtual these days. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, and it certainly will be virtual next year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad the pool isn't virtual yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered why NPR was doing a segment of the AIDS epidemic yesterday and then you gave me the answer in your comment on my post. I don't know anyone personally that died during that time but we have a friend who we worried about constantly and who lost a lot of friends. I'm glad to report that he is with us still and well.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life