January 21, 2021

A FRESH START

(Picture coming later>) 

I confess that I spent an inordinate amount of time this week watching TV and reading the NYT and the WP.  Saturating myself.  Happily.  George has done all that plus tried to find a clinic that still had vaccine to give.  Our clinics ran out.  Slowly we all get our shots, but I worry.

Fellow blogger Tehachap commented, “I just loved the way the Bidens and Kamala Harris and her husband showed affection for one another. That speaks volumes to me, remembering how distant the Trumps were with one another. Finally, peace and pride at being American once more.” 

I loved it too.  They hugged and kissed, and it was gloriously normal.  It’s been a while since we had such normalcy in our lives much less in politics. 

So we start with a clean slate.  The President has rejoined the Paris Accord for us, and undone ten other Trump orders.  A wonderful start.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Baking bread.  Carrying the laundry up.  Put the ladder away….that sort of stuff.
  • Myself:  Write here.  Bobbie got her first shot yesterday, and Scripps ran out.
  • Reading:  Longmire.
  • Watching:  Last night: NCIS, sharks, Nature – octopus, and North Woods Law.
  • Photo:  Mine.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I have books to read.

 

9 comments:

  1. Life is good again. We once more have a leader with a brain and a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Me too! I loved the way Biden was jogging here and there during the parade route to say hello to people. It was wonderful to see what looked like genuine warmth and affection throughout the day. And I'm glad Biden joined WHO again. I've read Dr. Fauci can now be even more honest with the public.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you had your vaccinations. It will be summer for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great relief to have Biden and company in the the Whitehouse. It will take awhile for recovery but I feel hopeful again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do seem like decent people, and I am reminded of how good many Americans are. For awhile, it was easy to forget although I didn't quite because of my blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a relief for us but the far right wackos are already at it accusing Biden of doing what Trump did which they never were outraged about.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life