March 11, 2021

LIBERATED


After a year in isolation, today we went out into the world.  It’s been 14 days since our last shot, and now we are fully vaccinated.  Yesterday G and I went to Ross and Target.  Today we went to AM VETS and Goodwill. 

Little in the miles of worn things at AM VETS caught my eye.  Goodwill was another matter.  They have rethought their displays.  Clothing is by color and mostly by size.  The newest stuff was on a rack of its own.  The store was light, bright, and clean.  I had so much fun in the shirts and sweaters that I never got to the dishes. 

I really don’t need a thing, but I did pick up some clothes in a larger size for the new bigger me.  G found two silver pins, one signed, for five bucks.  Abbodanza indeed.  Best of all, we had lots of fun.  Imagine that.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Found one perfect Christmas present.

Myself:  Yes, I am eating less.  Enjoyed shopping and looking again.  Finished another branch on the quilt.

Reading:  Louise Penny.

Watching:  KPBS, Circus.

Photo:  The American Cancer Society Thrift Store, Point Loma.

Gratitude’s:  For being able to go into thrift stores.

11 comments:

  1. Well, drat! I had a comment all written out and poof! it disappeared. :/ Basically, I said that I'd seen one of Louise Penny's books just today on my bookshelf and thought of you. So very glad you're both vaccinated and we're looking forward to our 2nd shot on the 15th. Happiness is being able to visit all your favorite places again without worrying about COVID!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a good thrift store browse with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liberation sounds delightful. I get my second shot today then in two weeks, the doors open here also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now we can go back to the YMCA and swim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to hear someone write they had fun. It’s been missing for a long time. I am so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. as of yesterday we are also fully vaccinated. still wearing masks though. so glad you had a day of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting a bit anxious here. The rollout is slow and the variants are rising. We may even be entering a third wave. The race is on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun, how wonderful to hear. I used to roam the thrift stores in Portland (OR) visiting my sister. Rally miss doing that. I'm all vaxxed, she's a returning teacher so she is too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss the charity/thrift shops. All closed here in the North of Ireland because of lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful that you had this fun outing after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! We're breathing easier too, but 6 feet apart.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life