June 10, 2021

PRIDE MONTH


We are in the midst of Pride Month here in San Diego.  We used to have a Pride parade but that was all.  Then Pride and a party.  Now the celebration has grown to a whole month.  We also used to have fewer letters.  Like LG, then it grew to LGB.  Now the letters linger….LGBTQ. 

 


 Most of the early supporters have died.  AIDS isn’t the only thing that decimated the ranks of those who cared, age happened too.  Here we no longer have an AIDS Quilt group.  They ran out of steam.  There isn’t a symbolic item for abuse and rights issues yet, but one day there will be.  That’s where the focus of the community is now. 


I have a gay grandson and a gay granddaughter.  I’ve gotten so sidetracked that I don’t even know if that’s the current term any more.  I just want them to grow old in a world that will love them as I do. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   He did OT first thing and exercises thereafter.
  • Myself:  I did nothing of good value all day.
  • Reading:   Skimimg Bill Miller’s photographic ocean liner books.
  • Watching:  GBBS 2020.  Season 12 began filming in April. 
  • Photo:  All but the last are mine.
  • Gratitude’s:  The blue of the skies and green of the leaves. 

10 comments:

  1. I have friends with gay children and I’m so proud of how accepting the families are. It’s a lot better than it used to be but there’s still work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy our time volunteering with the AIDS Quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our formal flag raising has been delayed for flags commemorating the 215, but it will happen next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There still isn't a vaccine for AIDS. That is a shame for it is still out there. I do think more people are accepting now of gays. At least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just do not get why so many people are upset, horrified, angry about how other people self identify when it comes to sexual identity and who they are attracted to and love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a gay grandgirl and she's doing well. We all llove and support her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gay people are getting more recognition these days. It has been a battle, still is and hopefully it won't be an issue for future generation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The world has changed in some ways with lots of room for improvement! Activities are underway here but socially distanced etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have trouble keeping up with gender neutral pronouns. I do not think I can every get my mind to work verbally there. I have a transgender friend who is the sweetest person.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life