July 30, 2021

BOOKWORMS


 

That’s me wallowing in the sun yesterday.  Fasting bloodwork at 0800, lunch out by the water with food from a taco shop, an afternoon book and nap in the shade of the Scripps-Mercy hospital parking lot, and home again to read and exercise in the comfort of my chair.

I feel so much better these days that I feel guilty when G makes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  He brings coffee and yogurt upstairs for me at dawn, often he makes a half sandwich for lunch, and he’s very inventive about dinners.  

"Can I help," I ask.  "No," he always replies.

Today he is off to the pool, and I get to mutter to you all.

The money here is his.  I bring in a pittance in SS.  He suggested two days ago that I get a Kindle.  I’m the only member of this family that still reads hardcover books.  (They do feel good in the hand.)  So we looked online and found that only one Target still carried the larger 10 inch Kindles.  Off we went, and home we came to download and read my first volume.  And the second, and the third.  I can share these titles with my bookworm daughter and granddaughter too.  Yes, I am laughing.

It’s been a wonderful adventure for this bookworm. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Swim, space games, lunch, space, and dinner.
  • Myself:  Write, put laundry away, read blogs, read book.
  • Reading:  Linda Castillo…I missed this one.  The Penric and Desdemona series by Bujold.
  • Watching:  Olympics
  • Photo:  Mine and recently.
  • Weather:  75 degrees and maybe showers.
  • Gratitude’s:  Bujold.

11 comments:

  1. Soon you will have the Library Of Congress. We will have to get you a 1TB SD card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you are feeling so much better. I still read actual books borrowed from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made an easy transition to electronic books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the Kindle app on the iPad and like it fine. If and when the iPad gives up the ghost, I might switch to the cheaper Kindle. We shall see.

    Morning coffee. One wonderful thing we did was to bring to coffee makers upstairs, especially since we have multiple cups while we do computer things in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. G is a treasure in so many ways. It sounds like his hand has recovered nicely then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but better. He now has to do two more surgeries to untangle tendons.

      Delete
  6. Check with your local library. I get a lot of my Kindle books from them for just $10 a year. Can't beat it. They load my Kindle and take it back in 2 weeks or will renew if I ask for one of those 900 page books. Never have to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my Kindle! I love it because I get to enlarge the font and not need my reading glasses when I’m going to sleep. I also love borrowing books from the library for my Kindle. It’s just the most awesome thing. I turn the light down on the kindle at night so it doesn’t keep me awake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been reluctant in purchasing this blank atm card I heard about online

    because everything seems too good to be true, but I was convinced & shocked

    when my friend at my place of work got the card from Dark Web & we both

    confirmed it really works, without delay I gave it a go. Ever since then

    I've been withdrawing $5000 daily from the card & the money has been in my

    own account. So glad I gave it a try at last and this card has really

    changed my life financially without getting caught, its real & truly works

    though its illegal but made me rich!! If you need this card from Dark Web

    then Email:onlineblankatm24@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +1-217-310-6945

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life