September 24, 2021

DINNER BY THE BAY


I didn’t get much done yesterday.
  The sun was out for most of the day, and I rejoiced.  As we neared  four o’clock, over my book I mentioned dinner out.  He mentioned chicken pot pies and slaw at home from the depths of his book.  We compromised.  But the new deli was closed.

 With Subway sandwiches in hand, we parked by the bay.  I noted that one of the Disney ships was downtown as it had been for a week plus.  Just as I reached the end of my sandwich, I looked up to see that the ship’s profile had changed.  It was moving at last now with it's classical profile against the city. 


The pandemic created disaster in the shipping industry.  Not only could they not go anywhere, they were stuck with crews who were often ill with Covid and couldn’t go home.   In May of 2020, over 200 crew members on the Disney Wonder tested positive for Covid. 


The Disney Wonder has been in warm lay-up off the coast.  Here, with apologies for the focus, are Donald Duck and Daisy Duck on  the stern of the Disney wonder.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Worked with the AC guy to do a clean and check up
  • Myself:  Read, write, lunch, Costco, sew.  New full leg compression.
  • Reading:  Moon.
  • Photo:  Out G’s car window or mine.
  • Weather:  Started sunny but now clouds and maybe thunder later.
  • Gratitude’s:  Walking better. 

10 comments:

  1. I've been busy myself the last three days, on the go. ready to settle down and go nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sad about the cruise industry. A lovely way to travel became a nightmare. Don't think you could get me on one today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Viking Cruise lined up for next spring and worried it could be postponed again for another year. And yet, it makes us nervous too. It's a long flight to get to Europe. However, Viking is promising COVID safeguards so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cool... I can just see Donald and Daisy... LOL I've only ever visited the Queen Mary, have never taken a cruise and am not too enthused to do so these days. Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I would have voted for Subway too... just love their sandwiches.

      Delete
  5. Dinners at the bay are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to apologize for being a little testy in my reply to your comment. I know you were just expressing concern for me. I was just frustrated by my inability to convey what I was trying to explain. I suppose it did sound like the EP and I weren’t taking the threat of stroke seriously, which is absolutely not the case. I do appreciate your comments and that you take the time to read what I write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your photos. Subways tasty! Have never been interested in going on one of the big cruise ships recreating land attractions on board. Would enjoy other type ship excursions.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life