September 28, 2021

ET AL

It’s the 28th already?  Amazing how fast the days go when you get older.  I know, we all say that, but it is true.  At least I have no more doctors’ appointments this week and for this I will be forever grateful.

Obama is dedicating his Chicago building this afternoon.  I cannot say I like the structure, tho I am very fond of both of them.  I did enjoy Chicago as a city, and I do like the fact that a branch of the Chicago library will be in the adjacent park.  I like the park itself.  I like our new downtown library with its totally useless but dramatic dome too.  No park tho.

We try harder, and despite rain and jammed freeways we made it to Green Hospital early.  We were early for the ex-ray, met the new doctor, and we splurged on pancakes and sausage at Perry’s afterwards.  Food seems to be our reward these days.  Although I’ve cut my intake at home in half, I’ve gained weight.  Yes, I feel truly awful about it.  And it won’t do at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Household errands plus gaming in space.
  • Myself:  Shower.  Write this and quilt.
  • Reading:  Between books, imagine that.  Reading blogs
  • Watching:  Antiques Roadshow then Penn and Teller.
  • Photo:  Mine:  Chicago bridge gate, title: Regeneration.
  • Weather:  Grey and chilly.
  • Gratitude’s:  Feeling so nice and clean.


10 comments:

  1. Does that relief carving have a title?
    Our Cleveland Indians have a new name, the Guardians, named for the art deco reliefs on one of the bridges over the Cuyahoga River. I think it's excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the bottom of each entry I always have a brief statement about the photo.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen his plans yet. This should be interesting for us since we're also from Hawaii and Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up his plans. It’s certainly different. I would want to go and see it when it’s done when we visit our daughter.

      Delete
  3. It's not even 5am here, and you've made me hungry for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time really does zip by these days. I missed seeing Obama's plans but I do like the man and his cool wife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to see Obama’s finished library…

    ReplyDelete
  6. The platform in the photo is a bit crowded. Obama's library should be interesting though I doubt I will ever be able to visit it, unless I could virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the book recommendations -- had not heard of this author and I do love paranormal stories. Hugs and much love...

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life