October 12, 2021

SUNSHINE AND LOLLYPOPS


Today we have sun.  Today George is off to the pool and I am left sewing more leaves.  Today more of that big quilt gets done. 

Fall is here.  The wind blows the outside in at every chance it gets.  Red leaves.  Cut grasses.  One of our neighbors was smoking in the early hours.  The smoke blew in and filled the bedroom with its odor.  All those years of smoking, and now I find I can’t breathe when a little stale smoke fills the bedroom.   I almost laughed at myself.

George needs a new phone.  That may not seem of major importance, but he found that he can’t call out.  What good is a phone if you can’t use it to phone.  His solitaire game vanished too.  He checked with some of his Monday friends, and they told him that his current phone was beyond antique.  The phone he was thinking of getting, they told him, was a good starter phone.  His computer knowledge may be state of the art, but his phone thinking certainly isn’t.  I’m hoping that he gets a top of the line new one as they grow old so suddenly.

One of my favorite bloggers is heading to town…if the rails stay open.  Not only is the cliffside collapsing under the rails, there’s nowhere to relocate the rails too.  Hopefully they will have it all open again by the 14th. 

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Aerobics, reading Moon, hand exercises, making pancakes playing games, maybe getting a new phone.
  • Myself:  Leaves…that’s me.
  • Reading:  Zena Henderson.
  • Watching:  Two shows
  • Photo:  Mine, a shade canvas as one goes on board the Star of India.
  • Weather:  Crisp and sunny.
  • Gratitude’s:  Seeing the Renal man on an as needed basis from now on. 

10 comments:

  1. I hear you about smoking. I smoked 2 packs a day 48 years ago and today if I pass someone smoking on the street it makes me catch my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I to understand you have your windows open? That is very dangerous. Who knows what bad air stuff is out there...we run an air purifier for hours on end to keep the bad stuff, that does leak in, out of our lungs. The smokey air we have had for weeks has small particles that can get into your blood stream, causing heart problems and stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn smells are enticing, for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I can't tolerate tobacco smoke--I'm actually allergic to it, and yes, I smoked too, many many years ago and not much nor for very long, but it doesn't take much to damage your lungs. The notion that your lungs clear out after so much time of no longer smoking makes me wonder who's the liar! I hate having to shop for a new phone. I am so technologically challenged these days! Good luck to George and I'm glad he has friends to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I read about the cave-ins/wash-outs of the train tracks and how they're using huge boulders to support the track. They need to build a sea wall further out to block the ocean's waves from carving out the sandstone. That whole area is fragile as all get out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://ktla.com/news/local-news/train-service-halted-from-south-o-c-to-oceanside-as-crews-shore-up-unstable-cliffside/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd wondered how the repair of that rail line was proceeding. What will the future bring with climate change? Keep sewing but hope you get consistent clean air to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phones have become more important than computers to the younger set, or at least just as important. My SIL has said that his life is on his phone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh… I rely so much on my iPhone these days, I’d be lost without it. At one time Art said he didn’t need one and relied on me to carry the cellphone. No more. He is now even more dependent on his iPhone than I am.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life