November 30, 2021

UNTOWARD EXCITEMENTS


Now don’t laugh at me.  Today is the day I find the deeply hidden slipcover for the plaid chair. 

For years, the plaid chair has lived upstairs in the bedroom.  When I added my sewing tables to the bedroom, the chair was moved down to the living room.  The turquoise plaid went well with the room when it was blue, but now I want to make the room red for the holidays.  Yes, this chair has a custom made slipcover in white all of its own. 

Do I have any idea where that slipcover is?  Not at all. 

I’ll start up here in the drawers and cupboards where fabrics are stored.  Maybe even in the attic.  If I don’t find it here, then in the living room there are two more drawers with fabrics.  Unfortunately, down in the garage deeply buried behind Grumpy the Truck, there are multiple fabric boxes sitting on the shelves just waiting for me. 

Untoward excitements, indeed.

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Cyst on elbow drained at Urgent care yesterday.  Bringing the ladder up.
  • Myself:  Yesterday: Laundry.  Today: Finding the slipcover.
  • Reading:   The Last Harry Potter.  Not at all like that endless movie.
  • Watching:  Antiques roadshow.
  • Photo:  Red Christmas ornaments.
  • Weather:  Foggy then sunny. 68 F/20C
  • Gratitude’s:  The day is so beautiful.


12 comments:

  1. It sounds like a mystery but with some luck you'll find the slipcover. Hope it doesn't take a long time to track it down. Have a wonderful day.

    You asked what the statue was holding, it was holding a rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this means I have to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my MIL left the family home, the fabric and wool increased the R value of the attic. It was quite a chore to go through it all. I don’t envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate looking for something you know is in the house but it keeps alluding you. Hope you found it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps it's packed with the Christmas stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you find it and waiting for the red living room photograph. I read of a blogger who removes all of here things off the books shelves and replaces them with Santa's. Now I read about you who redecorate the living room. Wish I had that type of energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just change the color of the pillows. Normally the furniture is white and I don't have to fuss with it.

      Delete
  7. Did you take the slipcover to the cleaners shop? Good Luck! I'm still looking for my car's manual that HAS to be in my office. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was up in the fake addict wadded up. I'll wash it and cold dry it before putting it on. lol
      Perhaps it has slipped under the passenger seat.

      Delete
  8. I guess you will have get another one. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see form the comments that you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the middle of the night and I find myself up and thinking of you. I've missed reading your blog for days... cannot believe it. I think I've been so caught up in preparing for that bake sale that the rest of my life just went along without me. Hugs to you and so sorry about George's elbow. Ouchers... I do look forward to Christmas and your switching colors from one year to the next. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life