December 9, 2021

HOME


Again, George at the top of his form.  What you ask?  Since we moved in here, we have always had blue lights all around our home.  We are on the end of the building, and G would attach layers of blue lights on every balcony as well as the door.  This year I put in a plea for simplicity.

This week, he was gone the longest time while putting up the lights.  I was actually getting concerned.  Hours from the start, he appeared with a grin and urged me to come see what he had done. 

He clipped two strings of lights together with zip ties.  Those zip ties are what took so much of his time.  Now we glow.  Not heavily lit up as in years past, but we glow with a rose color.  I put the tiny, red Christmas tree in the front window, so that façade of the unit glows too.  Slowly other homes put on lights that break the dark spell of the Pandemic.   And much to my pleasure, the last of the online purchased presents arrived yesterday only a day late. 

“What are we having to eat Christmas Eve?” I asked G. 

He answered, “Breakfast.  Eggs and bacon, and pancakes.”

“And fruit,” I said.  Dessertish with whipped cream.

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Laundry and space travel with EVE.
  • Myself:   Staying quiet, using three sets of drops at 8. 12, 4, and 8.  Upstairs is warmer.  Got a newsletter from the VA about the Million Veteran Program that I’m volunteering with.
  • Reading:    Nothing at the moment.  Imagine that.
  • Watching:  Two episodes of NCIS.
  • Photo:  George is the photographer.
  • Gratitude’s:   That my eye seems to be fine.

9 comments:

  1. The lights look good, if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drops regimen continues here too for a few more weeks.

    You house does indeed glow and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your house and pancakes for Christmas sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glow. George did a great job. You are right. It is such a delightful break from the bleakness of the past months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what he has done. I should post what I see out of my den window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you put me to shame. I don't put up any lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I considered using zip ties to hang our lights on the back balcony. Might have to do that!! Thank George for me! Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I need to go to the store -- I'm out of chocolate chips! ROFL here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house looks spectacular all lit up. I love it, George did good!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life