March 1, 2022

FAT TUESDAY



https://i.imgur.com/ImJLBcY.jpgThru Confusions and chaos, we finally met up with Eileen and her speechwriting husband.  They waited for us at the downtown Brigantine while we waited for them at the Shelter Island Brig.

Dinner was upstairs, which we discovered wasn’t the Brig at all, where we sat under the warmth of a heater. As you can see, she had the salmon salad and a Creme Brule.  I had a fancy hamburger and some really good fries, Jim had seared ahi, G Lobster mac and cheese, and Eileen had the Crème Brule with me.

Over and above the food, it was a very good visit.


7 comments:

  1. Glad you met your friends after the confusion. Worth the time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends who sustain us are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got out, and found your friends! I can smell the food through the Blogline. (Maybe we just forgot during the pandemic, how to arrange to meet where and when with friends. It's been so long.) Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your choice best, and those desserts — O my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully the near miss turned out delightfully.So happy you had a lovely visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the food sounds really good and I assume the picture of the dessert is not the creme brule. I'm thinking before cell phones you would each have waited forever thinking you were stood up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all sounds delicious! I'm so glad you had such a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life